Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Lifting B'port series I R2E4 BOSS-9

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

RB fired this volley in news:gk0di5$o09$1
@news.motzarella.org:

No, but I can't imagine any bolt bigger than 1/4" grade 3 that would

not
have a tensile strength several times the weight of any BP mill, even
multiplied by the cantilever.

Of course you're right, but I have this thing about "safety factor" with
overhead lifting (and when it's coming out of my pocket if it crashes
G).

LLoyd

Key points:

- It's not "overhead lifting", it is simple lifting.

- Lift it a couple inches, then pull the trailer out from under it, then
lower it to an inch or two above the ground before any horizontal
movement.