Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lifting B'port series I R2E4 BOSS-9

Ignoramus6829 fired this volley in
:

Lloyd, interesting acquisition. Does it use paper tape for
instructions?

It can, but it can load up from a text file. It'll go up to 9600
baud, which sounds like creeping by today's standards, but fast enough
for a g-code/m-code block.

Are the four bolts that hold the head, to the base, 5/8" in

diameter?

I didn't measure them, but seem to recall they're 1/2". Hmmmmm....

Do you have a manual? It should describe an acceptable lifting
procedure.

Only an operator's manual. Nothing technical in there.

Barring that, can you attach lifting ears to the two front bolts out
of four, and then loop a chain so that it starts at one ear, then

goes
up to the hook, then goes underneath the neck of the mill, then up
again and to the same hook, and then down to the other lifting ear?

Hmmmm... that probably wouldn't work if the bolts are 1/2", but you
just gave me an idea. Now I've got to find that roll of 8" wide
webbing....

If you have an adjustable sling, like one the pictured on McMaster
page 1456, you can do that very easily. I have one and it is very
versatile.

I have several 5/8" load binder chains that will suffice for this
small a load.

LLoyd