Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default wiring - can this be done

wrote:
On Jan 5, 10:57 am, "J. Clarke" wrote:

Be aware though, that for any of these solutions, a 3 hp router and
big shop vac can overload a 15 amp circuit--I've popped breakers
several times with that arrangement.

My spiffy Fein vac has an auto switched outlet built in, and here's
the part that cracks me up. They say it's rated for 2000 watts or
up
to 18 amps.

1) The vac has a 5-15 plug
2) The vac motor is rated for 10 amps

So just how exactly am I supposed to get 28 amps into this thing?

And for the OP, just get yourself a Long Ranger remote and be able
turn on the shop vac anywhere without having to change any wiring at
all.

Yep, if you don't insist that the vac come on when you power up the
router, that's really the way to go.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)