Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] tom_murphy@comcast.net is offline

Default wiring - can this be done

On Jan 5, 10:48*am, wrote:

And for the OP, just get yourself a Long Ranger remote and be able to
turn on the shop vac anywhere without having to change any wiring at
all.

-Kevin

I strongly agree! The Long Ranger is the most simple solution and it's
cost effective when you consider the extra wiring and specialized
switches need to implement your plan. Plus, it will be extremely easy
to use, which is really the most important thing.

The Long Ranger "fob" has a short chain and spring clip that you can
attach to shop apron or whatever. I'm a jeans and t-shirt guy, so I
just clip it to a front belt loop. It dangles right by my front
pocket. The chain is short enough that there's no problem with it
being in the way.

THis is by far the superior solution without spending quite a bit of
extra money.

Tom