Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] ewbray@gmail.com is offline

Default Magicjack Echo Problem

On Nov 16 2008, 11:15*am, LouB wrote:
Evan Platt wrote:
On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 11:13:34 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

VOIP sucks. I think you should recommend a land line, if it's friends
your talking to. I can barely stand the quality of a typical cell phone
call, and VOIP is ten times worse than that.

Funny, with my Packet8, no one knows the difference.

Second the motion, except when comcast drops the net.

Lou

This is the least expensive and probably the best telephone service
that I have EVER used!

This service ONLY costs $19.95/year and with a 5 year license
extension it costs only $12.00/year! That's $1.67/month the 1st year
then $1.00/month each year thereafter.

Don't believe any of the BAD PRESS you may hear about the service. I
discovered what the "technical" problem was, because it actually
happened to me. I was having audio and connection problems until I
solved the technical problem of my computer's USB bus drawing over 500
mA, actually 580 mA, with everything plugged into the bus.

My eMachine computer, Model T2882, only has a 250 Watt power supply
and that was working at its limits with all the computer cards and USB
devices that I had plugged into the machine were demanding current.

The attached links is how I solved the problem for less than $20.00!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLoYFE7Svv8

http://drbray.blogspot.com/2008/12/m...k-reality.html