Posted to rec.woodworking
Limp Arbor Limp Arbor is offline

Default wiring - can this be done

Here is how I want to power my TS/router workstation.

A switch(A) near the front of the TS that will turn on the shop-vac
outlet(C). A second switch(B) on the other side near the router that
will also power the shop-vac outlet(C). This is easy enough using 3-
way switches to power the outlet(C) but I also want the switch near
the router(B) to control an outlet for the router(D).

Can this be done with with standard 3-way or 4-way switches or am I
stuck with having an additional switch for outlet D?

Access is not a problem and I can power the circuit from any point.

I'd rather not use one of those relays for this purpose because I want
to be able to turn the router on & off via a switch outside of the
enclosed cabinet.

Any ideas?