bummster

Default To rewire, and how?

On 01 Oct 2003 18:26:02 GMT, DY (Tom) wrote:

Danny wrote:I have a craftsman tablesaw, that is currently wired up for 115V.
have the 220V line already setup, without a 220V recepticle when i
wired up the garage/shop.

Better check the motor, and see if it's an option.

the motor can be rewired.

I'm green to both electricity and woodworking. so help is always
appreciated.

Better consult an electrician, but you're in the right place for woodworking
help!
Also if i do go

about rewiring this motor, would i need to pick up new
wire (3 or 4 wire?) and a 220V Switchbox, as well as a 20-30amp 220V
recepticle correct?

You'll need some wire, heavy enough for the amperage requirements, I went with
3-wire#10, 30 amp recep., not sure about a 220 switchbox, sorry. Tom

Someday, it'll all be over....