Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Brick or Brick Veneer over Stucco

On Jan 4, 7:42*pm, (MikeL)
wrote:
We've been living in a poorly constructed new home for the past 19 months..
*After all of the legal maneuvering by the builder not to fix anything,
other than just slapping another coat of paint on it, he think's he's
ready to make a settlement offer.

In meantime, we desire to change the exterior appearance of the house. *We
currently have stucco but want a brick facade. *Can we overlay the brick
or brick veneer right over the stucco? *What would be the benefit of full
brick over brick veneer?

Thanks,

If your house is truly "poorly" constructed, then putting a brick
veneer on it is not a great idea.
Where is the house located? Any seismic issues? Heavy rains? Water
intrusion? How's the roof design?

My recommendation is don't spend your settlement dollars on cosmetic
changes.

Rarely do settlements produce enough money to even cover the important
stuff.

cheers
Bob