Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeWhy MikeWhy is offline

Default DELTA 36-865 Versa Feeder (power feeder) QuestionRockler is putting the Delta 36-865 power feeder on sale this Saturday for $100 - normally about $300. This is the little itty-bitty feeder - only 1/8th hp with a somewhat limited reach - but it we

wrote in message
On Jan 2, 8:12 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jan 2, 9:20 pm, charlieb wrote:

I called the nearest Rockler Store - about 70 miles away - and was told
they had TEN units in stock for tomorrow's sale. I noted that the ad
said TWELVE units per store. Apperantly two have been set aside for
someone, or someones.

I explained that I lived 70 miles away and definitely wanted to by a
unit
and would give them my debit card number to insure that they'd have
their money before I got there to pick up the unit.

"I'm sorry - but store policy won't allow that. We open at 7:00 am
and it'll be First Come First Served."

I restated that I live 70 miles away and I WAS NOT going to make
a 140 mile round trip - and have to leave here around 5:30 am - on
the CHANCE that I might actually be able to buy - a $100 item. I
also noted that when I make a trip like this I typcially drop $300
to $400 on stuff - sales they weren't going to be making to me.

Had they opened at 9 or 10 am instead of 7 am - I might have given
it a try.

I've unsubscribed from Rockler's e-mail flyers and have e-mailed them
about my choice to not continue doing business with them- and why.

I agree with your opinion.

Stores who like to do this just tick me off royally.

And I spend less...not more...money at their stores.

TMT- Hide quoted text -

If they sold one to every person who called they would be sold without
anyone coming to the store.Charlieb you action (or lack of) seems very
childish and lazy. Are you always looking for a reason to get mad at
someone?

=======

We're not old women, that's for sure. $200 off a $300 tool is bloodsport
bait. If I had heard sooner, I might have set up the popcorn and firstaid
concession. Anyway, I missed out and so did you. Old women know what to do.
They camp overnight in the Kmart parking lot, and wear combat boots and
elbow pads for the occasion. I came out ahead by sleeping in till noon. It's
been years since I've managed to do that. (Odds were 50/50 that the wife
wouldn't have been able to help herself if she had heard about the sale. I
would have woken to breakfast in bed *and* a loss leader power feeder. All
it would cost me is a few kind words over coffee and pastries after.)