Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Wartime Minicsope oscilloscope , any info/sources ?

Mike wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 12:25:35 -0000, "N_Cook" wrote:

I've put a page together on
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:gra.../miniscope.htm
with a pic of the case top with the "R.L.4" stencil

and will add to when I've found out any more

Assuming that it's military, I think the "R" would stand for Radio.
The "L" would stand for Laboratory (test & calibration).

http://www.hypertools.com/nomenclature.html

I have to disagree. No laboratory equipment would be made deliberately too
small, requiring the removal of parts before placing in a protective
housing.
This was made to be ultra-portable, the smallest possible carrying case for
discretion, airbourne use, or covert reason, I would suggest. Routine
military equiptment is not made for the effete to carry around. Come to
think of it wartime airbourne radios etc were not made deliberately light or
compact.

Drawing out the preliminary circuit topology is half complete, i will place
on the page
http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:gra.../miniscope.htm
when nearer complete, before unravelling for the intermediary schematic.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England