Posted to rec.woodworking
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default DELTA 36-865 Versa Feeder (power feeder) QuestionRockler isputting the Delta 36-865 power feeder on sale this Saturday for $100 -normally about $300. This is the little itty-bitty feeder - only 1/8th hpwith a somewhat limited reach - but it weigh

wrote:

If they sold one to every person who called they would be sold without
anyone coming to the store.

I would still have to go to their store to pick up my purchase - and
would probably have dropped another two or three hundred on stuff
I "need", think I might "need" or if there was something I saw that
interested me and had a use I didn't even know I needed.

I try to purchase my woodworking stuff locally, though 70 miles
away is pushing the definition of local, rather than ordering on
line or with a phone call. I find that I get better service and
support
if something goes wrong (you have tried resolving a purchase problem
on the phone - with a service representative - located in Sri Lanka -
who may, or may speak your language in a manner that you can under-
stand, or can decipher - AFTER - "waiting for the next available
representative" for 15 or 20 minutes haven't you? Or are you one
of the Blessed who get through on three rings and have a problem
resolved in under three minutes.

If I can't get something locally, then my first choice is Lee Valley.
THEY make it as easy as possible for their customers - great
customer service people who are always friendly, helpful and
accurate - and speak english - quite well. If there's a problem
they fix it - with as little effort as possible for the customer.

Charlieb you action (or lack of) seems very
childish and lazy.

For not getting up at 5:30 am to drive 70 miles to a store that
may, or may not, have what I want to purchase, and then drive
70 miles back home?

Perhaps a child would see the situation as a potential adventure.
As an adult, I see it as a crap shoot gamble and a waste of my
time. As a customer with money to spend - especially in the
current financial climate - I see it as poor business practice.
And after a good nights sleep and some breakfast munchies,
I'm spend the time I would have spent driving - playing in the
shop, turning some mahogany door pulls for the linen cabinet
I'm helping a friend make - before she gets here to finish her
project she's been working on for 3 months of half of each
Saturday (that's about 40 actual hours - things take longer
when someone's never done it before).

Are you always looking for a reason to get mad at
someone?

Sun's shining, the shop is ready to go. I'm a happy camper.

I hope your day is going just as well.