Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT -- Let Detroit Build Profitable Cars -- UAW chief Ron Gettelfinger doesn't seem to get the picture. Let's help him

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Jan 3, 3:47 am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Free markets work if you trust them. I abandoned my old truck at 1.699 a
gallon. Going
from a 15 mile commute to a 70 mile one had somethign to do with that.

Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. And sometimes it depends on
what you mean by "work."

Ed Huntress

Despite all the noise -very- few people actually buy the high-mpg
vehicles that have been offered.
http://www.hybridcars.com/forums/198...ivic-t208.html

I never saw a Civic FE outside the showroom.

Well, in 1982, the idea was still pretty alien to people away from the
coasts. On the other hand, until the recent slowdown, Toyota couldn't keep
Prius's in stock, the demand was so high. Even in 2008, Toyota sold over
200,000 hybrids in the US through November:

http://www.electricdrive.org/index.p...icles&topics=7

--
Ed Huntress