Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

Default Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

Franc Zabkar wrote:

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 23:13:44 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have about a dozen digital meters. The Fluke bench meters are
unrepairable, but the cheap HF meters keep working.

I have a Fluke PM97 Scopemeter for which I paid AU$2750. Just about
everything's broken in it. Bad probes, bad batteries (soon after
purchase), bad AC adapter, bad logic board. Even one page of the $100
service manual (the power supply circuit diagram) was missing. For the
past 10 years or so the meter has been sitting in the cupboard. One
day I'll have another go at repairing it, otherwise I'll stomp on it
... again and again and again ...

Sell it on E-bay as 'May need repaired' ;-)

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.