Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can't beat Amish craftsmanship!

On 1/2/2009 2:56 PM AZ Nomad spake thus:

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 15:07:40 -0600, HeyBub wrote:
N8N wrote:

Funny you should mention that... I used to be a Levi's snob, but
AFAICT their quality isn't any better than anyone else's today.
Needed a new pair of jeans over the holidays, bought a pair of
Wranglers for $16 at Target (spoken with a French accent, of course.)
They had Levi's one rack over for more $$ but I couldn't tell them
apart from one another if you covered the labels. Last pair of Levi's
I bought (at a real Levi's store, not the cheap ones you get in
department stores) got a hole in the denim right over the right front
pocket after maybe 6 mos. of wear... not going to pay $40 for that
again.

That may have been intentional. Levi-Strauss is a gay-friendly company.

what an idiotic comment.

Actually, it's true. That may have been written as an irrelevant joke,
but it is a San Francisco-based company that is gay-friendly (a credit
to them in my book, but whatever).

- Paulo Freire