Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Why does my cellphohone earpiece make things worse?

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 19:30:32 -0500, mm put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Why does my cellphohone earpiece make things worse?

I have the cheapest cellphone, I think, that Motorola makes, the C139.
At least it is the one they sometimes give you for free when you start
a prepaid account.

When I plug in an earpiece, it doesn't work well. The sound is not as
loud and maybe not as clear. I thoought the sound would be both
louder and better with an earphone. What gives?

I'm going to test earpiece with friends' phones, and my phone with
friends' earpieces, if tney don't think my ears are too dirty. But I
could use guidance on what to look for.

Right now on my phone, I've used a one piece plastic thing that sticks
in one's ear, and I also bought a 15 dollar model at Radio Schack.
Isn't $15 enough?
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2991656

These reviews also complain about low volume:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...gs#showReviews

What is the impedance of your headset? How does it compare to the
original Motorola headset?

- Franc Zabkar