Posted to rec.woodworking

Default DELTA 36-865 Versa Feeder (power feeder) QuestionRockler isputting the Delta 36-865 power feeder on sale this Saturday for $100 -normally about $300. This is the little itty-bitty feeder - only 1/8th hpwith a somewhat limited reach - but it weigh

On Jan 2, 9:20*pm, charlieb wrote:
I called the nearest Rockler Store - about 70 miles away - and was told
they had TEN units in stock for tomorrow's sale. *I noted that the ad
said TWELVE units per store. *Apperantly two have been set aside for
someone, or someones. *

I explained that I lived 70 miles away and definitely wanted to by a
unit
and would give them my debit card number to insure that they'd have
their money before I got there to pick up *the unit.

"I'm sorry - but store policy won't allow that. *We open at 7:00 am
and it'll be First Come First Served."

I restated that I live 70 miles away and I WAS NOT going to make
a 140 mile round trip - and have to leave here around 5:30 am - on
the CHANCE that I might actually be able to buy - a $100 item. *I
also noted that when I make a trip like this I typcially drop $300
to $400 on stuff - sales they weren't going to be making to me.

Had they opened at 9 or 10 am instead of 7 am - I might have given
it a try.

I've unsubscribed from Rockler's e-mail flyers and have e-mailed them
about my choice to not continue doing business with them- and why.

I agree with your opinion.

Stores who like to do this just tick me off royally.

And I spend less...not more...money at their stores.

TMT