Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default What is it? Set 265

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 11:18:18 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

1502. A "split bolt" for splicing electrical wires. I quoted Burndy
automation for making the part with the female thread almost 20 years
ago. The most interesting part of the project was the fact that the OD
threads are coined (cold formed) in a large high speed press.

I've heard most of the names people have offered for the
"split-bolt". We always called them "Kearney's" when I was
working in the trade (shrug). I guess whatever name stuck
with us was related to one's local supply house.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b