Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Can't beat Amish craftsmanship!

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 11:04:58 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Well, obviously... the heater is electric. What would Amish know about
electric heaters?

That said, there is a store near me that sells Amish-made furniture; I'm
tempted to buy some because it looks pretty close to what I would make
myself should I have the time/tools/motivation to do so. Visiting there
and then a well known general furniture store immediately afterwards
confirmed that sometimes, yes, you do get what you pay for (and paying
2x the price to get better quality is not always that bad a deal.)

nate

Absolutely. I've found rather than buy particle board furniture, it's
worth paying twice as much for big-particle board furniture.

Just kidding. You're right.

Sometimes with men's clothes, if you spend twice as much, you get
something that lasts 4 or 8 times as long. Etc.