Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
krw[_4_] krw[_4_] is offline

Default Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

In article ,
says...
On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 12:30:37 -0600, krw wrote in
:

In article ,
says...
On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 09:43:47 -0600, krw wrote in
:

In article ,
says...

Sometimes you need to monitor a half dozen voltages or currents at
once. I'd love to do that with lab grade HP meters, each with a IEEE-488
interface, but they are over $2k each.

I'd rather I never met an IEEE-488 interface. :-( ...one off the
world's most stupid designs.

Regardless, it's quite workable and useful.

Useful, yes, when it works. unfortunatelyy its design makes the
workable part problematic. For such modest requirements it's a
*really* bad design, even for the '70s.

That you've had so many problems with it is unfortunate. Perhaps I'm
just lucky, because I've had very few problems with it over the years.

How many "large" systems (say, 20-30 devices) have you tried to put
together. The connection problems with large numbers of devices
are huge, though I've seen them with only a couple of devices on a
channel, as well. cablingg gets to be a mess (and you'd better have
lots of different lengths on hand to play with).