Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default any tip for cutting and fitting cornice/pelmet

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 00:41:38 -0000, mark wrote:

I think I would glue them with glue.

I wouldn't glue them before bing offered/fixed to the cupboards. They may
look square but I bet they aren't at least not when you are looking at a
2m run under a couple of wall cupboards.

Simple measuring seems a bit iffy to me as well with a mitre on each end,
like on the front piece. Where do you measure to/from on the angle and
don't forget the moulding? Cut one mitre and drill fixing holes as
required. Position that mitre in the right place relative to the cupboard,
lightly fix then mark where the other mitre should be from the cupboard.

For the side pieces similar approach but don't assume that the bits will
match, a certain amount of "heel and toeing" maye well be required, due to
errors in the cut angle and the cupboard not being exactly square.

--
Cheers
Dave.