Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Door Threshold Problem

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 1, 8:17 pm, (justme2)
wrote:
The gap isn't in the height between the threshold and the storm door, but
the depth between the threshold and the storm door. It's like we need the
threshold to be extended outwards another inch.
-------------------------------------

snip

"It's like we need the threshold to be extended outwards another
inch.

From where I'm typing I can't see how your threshold is constructed/
installed, but perhaps you could rip a piece of wood and tack it to
the front of the existing threshold (or riser below) the threshold to
fill the gap.

How did this happen anyway? Did the old storm door fit correctly? If
so why doesn't the new one?

A hunk of aluminum channel or even marble, would be a better bet. Even
well-finished wood doesn't last worth a damn as the leading edge of an
outside threshold. Long screws and/or construction adhesive to pin it
into place. Make sure to not leave any dips or holes that collect water,
or channel it under the existing threshold into the floor system. I've
seen more than one rotted-out rim joist and sill plate under a front
door from bad flashing and water-sealing.

--
aem sends...