Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Wartime Minicsope oscilloscope , any info/sources ?

hr(bob) wrote in message
On Jan 1, 4:08 pm, "N_Cook" wrote:
Of course a broken CRT makes it easy to determine pinning.
As broke unpowered the heater is still there, all 4 X,Y plates exposed and
A3 so just leaves A2 and grid undetermined without destroying the envelope
more.
155mm long, 1.5 in diam, and 7 out of 9 pins agrees with GEC 4103/B/4 with
1.1KV pda and 4V heater.
And I have the pinning for the 6K25 and pentode.
I may scan in the board edges, as is with added valve pin labels , and
multi-photo before undoing and trying to unravel the schematic while

trying
to find out about its likely in service use.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
electronic hints and repair briefs , schematics/manuals list

onhttp://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/

Would someone at the, if I remember from a visit to London 10 years
ago, British War Museum be able to help you?

******

I'd thought of contacting Kew ,PRO, national archives, but the Imperial War
Museum makes sense as well.
I'm a bit concerned with the use of the word pattern before the number 53259
in that it may relate to the "samsonite" case rather than scope although
etched on to the metal plate refering to C/R oscilloscope, I will take
another pic later . Perhaps there is a GEC archive somewhere other than Kew
and the war museum.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England