Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Francis McGrath Francis McGrath is offline

Default Need to fix hole in ribbon cable

On Jan 1, 10:46 pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Jan 1, 10:38 pm, Francis McGrath wrote:

I have a flat ribbon cable in a synthesizer that senses pressure
aftertouch. It lets you play a note, then push harder on the key to
get an extra effect. Well, I put a screw through it. I'd like to
repair it because it's easy to get to the hole, but really hard to
remove the whole cable. The problem is that I don't know what kind of
wire it is or how it works. Since I don't know what it's called, it's
hard to do a google search. I've posted a picture of it athttp://www.francismcgrath.com/wire.jpg. Can someone tell me what this
kind of wire is called? Secondly, I'd be very interested in learning
how to fix it.

Thanks, Francis

How many conductors are there in the cable, and do you know how to
solder?

Thanks for posting.

There are 2 wires that come out of the blue connector, so I guess that
means 2 conductors. That's part of what makes me confused, there only
appears to be one cable zig-zagging through the wire, but on closer
examination, the zig-zagging part is clear. And yes I can solder.

Francis