Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

Default Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

Chris Malcolm wrote:

In rec.photo.digital Michael A. Terrell wrote:

What's more, for the specific purpose of checking out USB connectivity
and charging you don't even need a good meter, a crap one is perfectly
adequate.

Using even a crappy meter is more than some people can understand, as
well.

Sometimes you need to monitor a half dozen voltages or currents at
once. I'd love to do that with lab grade HP meters, each with a IEEE-488
interface, but they are over $2k each.

Some people actually do electronics, while others separate fly ****
from pepper. It isn't difficult to figure ot which category people are
in. I have about a dozen digital meters. The Fluke bench meters are
unrepairable, but the cheap HF meters keep working. Several other
meters are used, for the extended ranges, or special functions.

Fifty years ago he would have claimed that the $20 Heathkit VTVM
wasn't as good as the RCA VoltOhmist. that was closer to $100 even
though the circuits were almost identical.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.