Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Door Threshold Problem

justme2 wrote:
justme2 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...em-284916-.htm
:

Did you ever find a solution? Just had a storm door installed and am
having the same problem.
-------------------------------------
wrote:

Any ideas on filling the gap between door and threshold? I replaced
storm door but threshold is not deep enough to meet bottom of new
door. I tried replacing threshold with a deeper one, but old one is
too tough to get out. I want to close the gap on interior side of the
door with some sort of sweep or weatherstrip extrusion. Gap is almost
1". Anybody know where I can buy something to help fix this?

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Look closely at the new storm door. All the ones I have ever installed,
there was a 'U' channel over the bottom rail that could be slid up and
down to adjust the length of the door. Sometimes it wasn't very obvious.
Not saying all doors have this feature, but the cheap ones I have dealt
with all did. Storm door is not supposed to seal tightly at the bottom,
to avoid moisture buildup, and to make the door easy to close. An inch
is way too much, but you should be able to slide a piece of paper under it.

--
aem sends...