Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Update- Honda XL350 Milestone

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 06:12:05 -0800, "ff" wrote:

It idles with black smoke, indicating a rich condition, and the air
jet
really doesnt do much of anything when turned in or out. So evidently
there is an issue there. I didnt check the needle clip position, so
that
will be done tommorow. There is a hose that comes out fo the carby
and
goes back into the airbox (airbox not installed) and that opens and
closes a diaphram on the carby that makes the engine speed up or slow
down...no idea what it does. The Clymer that a neighbor gave me today
gives the carby much of a pass, no details to speak of, not even clip
position, the *******s!!

http://www.xlintperformance.com/airvalve.htm

Ah HA!

Most interesting!

Ive got to ponder on this a bit......

Thanks!

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""