Posted to rec.woodworking
Lou Lou is offline

Default Using laminates outdoors

There is indeed a difference between wet and 'wet'.
I suppose the ideal combo would be Wilsonart 3000 onto Exterra. Me
thinks the bond would have to be submerged totally for quite a long
time for the bond to fail. Interesting problem though.
Laminate is used in shower and tub surrounds all the time. It is
essentially phenolic.

Some of the stuff I'm making will be boxes and cabinets so the entire
outside
of each will be covered. The insides will only be covered with a
sealant such
as paint or poly. I then plan to either, tape of the corners caulk and
paint (match colors)
or put a plastic corner trim on each corner with caulking underneath.
Lou