Mac

Default Dewalt or Makita Jigsaw?

"Leon" wrote in message
Before buying my Milwaukee 5 years ago I had used the Bosch and went

to buy
the Bosch. The sales guy told me to compare Milwaukee to the Bosch.

bought the Milwaukee. It was a no brainer.

If you use the saw a lot and have ever BROKEN a blade, you would

appreciate
the Milwaukee blade change feature over the Bosch. While 20 seconds

sounds
like a short amount of time, it becomes a pain if you remove the blade

every
time to store the saw, up right in a cabinet as I do. The normal

release
and install of a new blade on the Milwaukee is a 5 second ordeal with

you
only needing to push a lever, pull out the blade, put in the blade and
release the lever. To put that into perspective,,,compare Dial Up
connection speed to DSL or Cable internet connection speed.. ;~)
IF, you break a blade and have little or nothing to grab, or if the

blade is
too hot to handle or if you are in a hurry, simply push the lever

while the
saw is still running and it will eject the blade or the "broken off

flush
with the holder" piece of blade immediately.
You really have to experience it to really appreciate the difference

in
convenience and time saved. Nothing wrong with the Bosch but the

blade
change setup is way over engineered. The new Bosch saws are going the
Milwaukee route for blade change.

Well Leon, I had a new Milwaukee 6256-6, that I ended up putting on
eBay. Obviously you haven't used their new design, that new ergonomics
style does not go well with the small base considering the vibration.

I had test drove a coworkers Bosch 1587 AVS before buying the Milwaukee,
but felt it my duty to buy Milwaukee since my sawzall,router, drill are
the same. Should have stuck with that test drive, because that is what
I bought while the Milwaukee was listed on eBay. No regrets for selling
that tool.

You're making a bigger deal out of blade change than what it is, fact is
most woodworkers spend more time cutting than changing blades. I'll
take a smooth action precise tool anyday over the decision if I'm going
to spend a few seconds more per day changing a blade. I change blades
for cutting, not because they break, I use HSS blades and not those
carbon steel from HD or Lowes. Probably been three years since I've
actually broke a HSS blade.

Your perspective comparing blade changing of these two tools to Dial Up
and DSL, is far fetched if you really spent any time with the Bosch.

Mac