Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Nick Nick is offline

Default What is it? Set 265

"Alexander Thesoso" writes:

1501 Let me make a wild guess... You wheel it up to a fence-post. You
clamp it on. You turn the crank to bore 5 holes for fence rails. Yeah...
I know it sounds like the hard way to do it. Yeah... the bottom rail would
be too low.

I wonder along similar lines it it's something to do with paying out, or
twisting in some way, wire fences. But I don't see why it should want
to twist (let alone twist alternate levels in opposite directions).

Is 1504 something as obvious as part of a safety light? The holes look
to large for that.
--
Online waterways route planner: http://canalplan.org.uk
development version: http://canalplan.eu