Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Why does my snow blower not shear the shear bolts?

wrote in
:

On Dec 30, 10:24*pm, Red Green wrote:
Van Chocstraw wrote in

-
:

wrote:
If I run over the newspaper hidden in the snow the shear bolts
bend but do not shear - then my belt burns and rips apart which is
a major hassle to change. *Yes, I have quadruple checked that I
have the original Ariens shear bolt part. *Is this a problem that
the belt is slipping and not able to give enough pressure to cut
the bolts? *It'

a fairly new snow blower. *Thanks.

Why don't you pick up the paper?

Well, if he posted "Today I picked up the newspaper.", that wouldn't
generate too much chatter here would it?

Besides, he said it was hidden in the snow.

Perhaps a better Q is why doesn't the delivery service put it in the
newspaper box on the post?

That's the deal we have. He drives by throwing them out of the car
window.

Maybe you should throw the payment at him when he goes by. If he claims
he did not get payment, tell him it must have gotten chewed up in the
snowblower because it got burried in the snow LIKE THE F*ING NEWSPAPER.