Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] poison_1024@yahoo.com is offline

Default Why does my snow blower not shear the shear bolts?

On Dec 30, 10:24*pm, Red Green wrote:
Van Chocstraw wrote in news:j6idnUeDa7k-
:

wrote:
If I run over the newspaper hidden in the snow the shear bolts bend
but do not shear - then my belt burns and rips apart which is a major
hassle to change. *Yes, I have quadruple checked that I have the
original Ariens shear bolt part. *Is this a problem that the belt is
slipping and not able to give enough pressure to cut the bolts? *It's
a fairly new snow blower. *Thanks.

Why don't you pick up the paper?

Well, if he posted "Today I picked up the newspaper.", that wouldn't
generate too much chatter here would it?

Besides, he said it was hidden in the snow.

Perhaps a better Q is why doesn't the delivery service put it in the
newspaper box on the post?

That's the deal we have. He drives by throwing them out of the car
window.