Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Can't beat Amish craftsmanship!

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:03:43 -0800, "Cheri"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:52:40 -0500, Nate Nagel

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 18:08:08 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

dpb wrote:
On Dec 30, 11:24 am, Frank wrote:

Of course I come from a fairly frugal family of mostly German ancestry,
so the Amish and I probably have at least a little in common as to how
we look at physical goods...

nate

Do Germans also beat their wives and children, and consider them
property?

Not that I'm aware, but I haven't heard that of the Amish either.

It doesn't get much press because portraying them as rustic romantics
is far more profitable for Hotels, bus tours, and the many other
businesses that benifit from tourism in Pennsyvania.

Baloney! It doesn't get much press because it doesn't happen that much.

Cheri

So you are saying you are aware that it happens?