Posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Why don't camera reviews cover the data connection to the PC?

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 14:29:28 -0800, SMS
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Franc Zabkar wrote:

Ah, it's the same old John Navas. When you having nothing to say, say
it as convincingly as possible. If you say it often enough, at least
*some* people will believe you.

Highly unlikely that anyone will believe him. He has such a long history
that anytime he starts up someone points out that he has no idea what
he's talking about.

What bugs me is that anyone with an iota of technical competence can
in a matter of minutes determine the connectivity of a mini-USB cable
or a USB charger using only a $10 multimeter.

You're wrong. You can often buy digital multimeters for less than $2 at
Harbor Freight. I bought ten of them at $3 each for an enrichment day
science presentation that I did at my son's school on Ohm's law
(something that a few people in this newsgroup would have benefited
from, judging from a recent thread on batteries where several people,
including Navas, demonstrated their lack of understanding of the
difference between current, power, and energy).