Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT -- Let Detroit Build Profitable Cars -- UAW chief Ron Gettelfinger doesn't seem to get the picture. Let's help him

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:05:16 -0500, the infamous Joseph Gwinn
scrawled the following:

Holman Jenkins continues making his case against CAFE and other root
causes of the Big Three's inability to make profitable cars in Detroit.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123069003507444659.html

When I bought my truck last year, I drove both the 5.7 and 4.7L
versions. I'd never read anything about the little V-6 and there were
none on the lot, so I didn't have a chance to check that out. I bought
the 4.7 because it had well more than enough power to move itself out
of the way of trouble when needed, and plenty for hauling around the
sub-1-ton loads I carry.

When gas was $4/gal, I wished they'd offered a 4-cyl version. Coupled
to the very efficient 5-speed auto trans, it would probably have had
enough power for most of my driving needs.

P.S: I'd like to meet Janna Dake. She looks interesting.

The Wall Street Journal, 31 December 2008.

I read his article on (Dec 17, "Put Madoff In Charge of Social
Security") last week and really like the guy.

------
We're born hungry, wet, 'n naked, and it gets worse from there.