David Hall

Default New Woodworking Magazine...

otforme (Charlie Self) wrote in message SNIP

It would be nice if the marketing departments didn't figure everyone in the
world was stupider than they are. From personal experience, I can vouch for the
fact that the opposite is true.

Charlie Self

Oh, I don't know. I counted 6 responses to the marketing troll's post.
At least a couple of which indicated that they had visited the mag's
site as the troll had hoped. How many visited and didn't respond? I
think the marketing dept accomplished exactly what they set out to
accomplish. Kinda like the ads on TV that are so bad we absolutely
hate them. That was the point, we hate the ad so much that we remember
the ad and the product - goal accomplished by the marketing dept once
again. Hey, it's in all the Marketing 101 textbooks, so just imagine
what's in the post-graduate marketing texts.

Dave Hall