Ian Smeaton

Default Opposite of radiators... and more

"Davey" wrote in message
The obvious thing was the central
heating: could I pump cold water around that? Well the rads. were already
cold, so that wasn't doing much. So why does the heating work? Because the
rads get a lot hotter than the surroundings. Could I pump very cold water
around the system? I couldn't see water even at 0 deg. having much effect,
so it would have to be well below 0 deg. to have any effect. The obvious
problem - you can't cool water below 0 deg. C! How could I stop it

freezing
up? Does the anti-corrosion additive have any anti-freeze properties?
Doubtful, as this isn't its purpose. Add antifreeze? That can take water
down to -20 deg. C, as I recall (if, of course, I could 'bulk cool' the
water down to that!). Now rads at -20 deg C might be nice on hot summer
nights...

Hi Davey,
You'll need a drip-tray under every radiator!
I've recently taken to chilling my lager glass in the freezer for a couple
of hours before use.
It's got condensation/frost on it before I get the freezer door shut!

Cheers,

Ian