Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Default Why does my snow blower not shear the shear bolts?

On Dec 30, 10:14*pm, Van Chocstraw
If I run over the newspaper hidden in the snow the shear bolts bend
but do not shear - then my belt burns and rips apart which is a major
hassle to change. *Yes, I have quadruple checked that I have the
original Ariens shear bolt part. *Is this a problem that the belt is
slipping and not able to give enough pressure to cut the bolts? *It's
a fairly new snow blower. *Thanks.

Why don't you pick up the paper?

--
* * * * Van Chocstraw

for the same reason i ran over a brick with my snowblower last week,
then followed that up by running over the garden hose a minute later,
even though i had a general idea where both were under the snow, and
even though i really didn't need to clear that close to the house.