Nova

Default metric miter slots

Charles Harris wrote:

I recently came into a "buffalo" tablesaw what was missing a miter
gauge. Everthing on the saw seems to be fine except for the miter
slots on the table. The miter slots on this tablesaw seems to be just
shy of 3/4" in width. The depth does seem to match 3/8" but a
standard size miter guage will just not fit in the slot. Does anyone
know of a place or website that I can purchase sliders that will fit
this slot so I can retrofit a miter guage to work with the saw?

I called the manufacturer of the saw and they said that they no longer
carry parts for it so buying a new one from the factory is out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Charles

Many Craftsman saws have a slightly undersized miter slot. You can try
one of the Sears miter gauges. Osborne also makes a miter gauge to fit
the Sears saws, See:

http://www.newwoodworker.com/osbrnsmlslot1.html

--
Jack Novak