Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default How to properly use a hammer on nails?

"MiamiCuse" wrote:

-snip-
http://www.senco.com/pdf/spec_sheets/framepro651_ss.pdf

says it will do framing, trusses, decks, and drive into concrete. So except
for finish nailing, it will serve all my needs from framing, to reinforcing
existing studs, to attic truss and framing repair, to attaching furring
strips to concrete walls...I think.

then all I need is a finish nailer for baseboards and trim later.

Thoughts?

Senco is a good name--- but I'd be sure I don't always have to go to
the internet for nails. I didn't even know they made anything but the
gas nailers. Home Depot carries those around here. My brother in law
has one and it is the only place that sells the nails locally-- and
they never have the size he wants.

Second Joe's comment to be sure your local codes allow snipped heads.

And second Heybub's that framing nailers are the "12 ga shotgun"--
they are heavy, loud and kick like heck.

I think I'd also check to be sure it will nail fir strips to concrete
walls. Cool if it does- but they don't seem to bragging much on it
in the manual.

Jim