Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default How to properly use a hammer on nails?

On Dec 29, 8:51*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:

snip

http://www.senco.com/pdf/spec_sheets/framepro651_ss.pdf

says it will do framing, trusses, decks, and drive into concrete. *So except
for finish nailing, it will serve all my needs from framing, to reinforcing
existing studs, to attic truss and framing repair, to attaching furring
strips to concrete walls...I think.

then all I need is a finish nailer for baseboards and trim later.

Thoughts?

MC

Good tool. I've used a Senco 365 framer for years...indispensible.
Before you buy a clipped head tool though, check with your building
code people. Some high wind communities do not allow them. Pros like
the clipped heads because you don't run out of 'bullets' as often.
Full head nails naturally are a bit better at holding things together,
and for the typical DIYer, reloading is seldom an issue.
Senco nails are a top grade product. With the variety they have
available you can spend more than you think stocking the precise
fastener you prefer for a project. Remember not to use the nailer to
draw pieces together. Clamp first, then nail. HTH.

Joe