Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fridge-freezer, freezer ranges -10C to -28C?

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 13:43:33 +0000, Jonathan Campbell wrote:

Indesit fridge-freezer; 3.5 years old. In the last two days I have
noticed that the freezer part ranges between about -10C to -28C --- from
noting what a separate thermometer reads when I open the door.

Single compressor?

The overnight cold may not be letting the fridge part warm up enough and
thus starting the compressor to cool both sections. Common problem, look
at the rating plate and the part for "Class" it'll be a letter or two
letter combination. Google is then your friend to translate that into the
enviromental temperature range that the unit is designed to handle.

--
Cheers
Dave.