Scott Brownell

Default Dewalt or Makita Jigsaw?

Leon wrote:

"Michael" wrote in message
Hello,

I am planning on buying a real jig saw. My 23 year old Black and Decker
died this weekend.

I have decided to fork out money for a quality jig saw. I have been

looking
at the Dewalt DW321 and the Makita 4304T.

What do people recommend? They are about the same price. Any comments,
suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

The DeWalt's have an inherent problem with not being able to hold on to the
blade during use. I have use used a friends and it does indeed spit out the
blade during use. It also is HUGE. Makita would be my choice given only
those 2 choices.

If you add Bosch or Milwaukee to that mix, you would probably end up
deciding between the Bosch and the Milwaukee. At the moment the Milwaukee
has the edge over the Bosch MOSTLY because of the Quick blade change set up.
The Bosch blade change setup is similar to working the combination a Safe,
as you turn the handle this way a few times, that way a few times, and
wiggle the blade until you hear a click and so on. The good news is that
Bosch has scrapped that set up for one similar to the Milwaukee and should
be available soon.

I'm chimin' in here with Leon. Take a serious look at the Milwaukee.

Scott
up later, the damage remains.