Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber Pat Barber is offline

Default Cyclone-style Dust Collectors.

I do have a couple of the Cleanstream and they
are nice.

I just thought these drywall bags might
make things easier.

I also use my shop vac for most sanding operations
but that fine dust is hell on even the Cleanstream.

Dumping those shop vacs can be a VERY nasty operation.

Maybe Craftsman makes a similar bag.

Nova wrote:

I find that the bag provides a steadier suction for longer than a HEPA
filter by itself. My HEPA filters seem to clog quite readily with
sanding junk. The bags also make the job of emptying the vacuum much
cleaner, but they aren't all that cheap. Since the main use of my
vacuum is with handheld sanders, I don't worry too much about the
extra cost. The bags last me a long time.

Have you tried a "CleanStream" filter. They too are initially expensive
but I've been running the same one in my Sears shop vac for about 6 years.

http://www.cleanstream.com/filters_wetdry.html