Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default 10EE Spindle taper

Iggy,
What is and model and size of the lathe again? Also please measure the Nose
OD and ID at the end.
Steve

On 2008-12-29, Steve Lusardi wrote:
Wes,
Yes, it is useful, but Iggy must accurately measure the spindle. I
believe
his 10EE has a L00 spindle, not an L0, which is why my MT5 test bar does
not
fit. Measuring the nose diameter will resolve this. Jarno and MT tapers
are
close but not the same. If he has a 1.5" nose, he has a 12 Jarno.
Ultimately, he needs the MT3 adapter, but if he wants 5C collets, he will
need a 12 Jarno to 5C as well.

Steve, I have a Clausing Colchester. I will double check for the
adapter, but I believe that I do not have it.

Iggy,
Do you have a mating MT 3 adapter?
Steve

"Wes" wrote in message
news

On 2008-12-29, Mike Henry wrote:
I also suspect that Clausing meant that Iggy's Clausing lathe used a
MT3
dead center in an adapter that was mounted inside the spindle nose.
If
it
has an L0 spindle it must be a 14" lathe (6900, 1500, or?) or maybe
one
of
the Colchester series.

L0 taper, 13" swing, according to Clausing, my lathe uses a reducting
bushing of unknown OD to reduce spindle to MT3.

Is this useful?
http://garage-machinist.com/manuals/...lathes%20.html

Wes

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention