David

Default Boxing in a boiler (was Installing toilet in internal bathroom)

Brian S Gray wrote in message . ..

My plan is to build a cupboard around the boiler, and probably to put
up a new, small, stud partition alongside it such that the boiler will
be located in a cupboard at the end of the landing rather than in what
will be a bedroom. Are there any pitfalls (ventilation, regulations
etc?) which I need to be aware of, eg having a boiler in the bedroom
or landing? It's a combi job (Sime Friendly Format 100E).

I have just boxed in a boiler into a new airing cupboard, but only
after checking that the manual supplied with the boiler indicated that
this was acceptable - and specified a small minumum clearance round
it. I am also aware that I may have to empty the airing cupboard for
the annual boiler inspection (or in the event of a problem requiring
access)

Thanks. Yes good point, in fact I've been trying to get hold of a
manual to check this in parallel with my original post, without
success. I also don't know what the overall room ventilation
requirements are.

Would anybody happen to have a manual, or be able to suggest where I
could get one? I can't even track down the UK distributors at the
moment. (Boiler is a Sime combi, Friendly Format 100E).

Nobody's commented on whether I can locate my boxed-in boiler on the
landing (my preferred location); I've never seen this done before and
wonder whether it's a no-no (eg fire risk?)

Thanks
David