Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy[_2_] Kathy[_2_] is offline

Default Furnace running with thermostat off

"fzbuilder" wrote in message
Hello all, I have a problem with my gas furnace. Last night my furnace
would not stop running even after the desired temperature had been
reached. I finial decided to turn it off from the thermostat and still
the furnace stayed on. I finally had to trip the breaker to turn it
off. I have been looking around online and a relay could be poss.
cause. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

When mine did that a year ago, it was a bad thermostat. It thought it was
cooler than what it read. They replaced it and it's been fine ever since.
The whole unit was only 3 yrs old.
Kathy