Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Toxic Waste in Chinese drywall

On Dec 28, 3:49*am, wrote:
Yep, they will sell us junk if we want it.We don't see the high end
stuff.And most of us couldn't afford it anyway. And, due to the weirdo
capitalist system we mutually run, people will buy on price rather
than quality - its a race to the bottom, but hey - thats "market
forces"....

Andrew VK3BFA..

I saw Chinese OEM components for medical equipment etc. at incoming
inspection. Quality was whatever the vendor and purchaser agreed on,
in these instances quite high. Then the parts were assembled and
tested here by hard-working and careful immigrants, many of them
Haitian and Cambodian refugees. The engineers and techs were mostly
male Europeans like me, or Indian. I think that's due to self-
selection or military service, the field is open to anyone. The
broadly multinational work force was typical of electronics in New
England. When I worked for a defense contractor my boss was Chinese,
his was ethnic Russian.

It surprises me that people from all over the world are so alike when
removed from their culture, even if their ancestors were isolated for
10,000 years.

BUT...
"The last capitalist we hang shall be the one who sold us the rope."
- Karl Marx