Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toilet cistern filling too fast?

Andy Dingley wrote:
Is it traditional to use the half-hour gap between visiting relatives
to re-plumb toilets over Christmas? 8-(

Seems like it. Except in my case its rewiring some lights.

SNIP

Now it's all back together and leak-free, but seems to have trouble
with the flush itself - the syphon doesn't stop syphoning. My
suspicion is that the fast-filling Fluidmaster simply starts to re-
fill the cistern before it's fully emptied and breaks the syphon.
After all, Delchem's design is based around a flapper valve rather
than a syphon. Is there anything I can do to regulate this? At present
I've just left the supply ball valve at 45o, which isn't quite ideal.

Could you install a service valve on the supply & leave it partly closed to
reduce the incoming flow?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk