Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Car generator to power house

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 19:01:39 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 17:30:41 -0500, "RBM" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
It can be done - if you're smug enough.

http://jalopnik.com/5118297/tech+sav...ing-snow-storm
Clearly, the kind of dumb-assed environmental wacko story I'd
expect from Mass. I use an inverter on a deep cycle marine
battery in my service vehicle. It powers chargers, lights, and the
occasional power tool. Most of the time it spends slowly
recharging off the vehicle alternator. short bursts are all
they're really good for,if you're using any real power. So this
clown runs out to recharge his car once an hour or so, and thinks
he's a genius. If he had a half a brain he wouldn't be bothering
powering his refrigerator during a snow storm, and he'd own a
cheap generator like his smarter, but less environmentally
friendly neighbors, who are all, by the way, laughing at the
idiot.

The Prius is a genius - it starts itself when the battery gets down
to 40% charge. No going out to the cold to start the generator.
Ant it is at leasta 13KW generator

Hi,
13KW at 12V or 120V?

Watts the difference?

Conversion efficiency?
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"The government of the United States is not, in
any sense, founded on the Christian religion."