Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Car generator to power house

ransley wrote:

What do you drive, a 8mpg, 4wd expedition, Wasting money to drive is
not money you keep or enjoy.

Agreed. I once had a car that got NINE miles to the gallon! It was a Ford
Custom 500 - with a 426 Interceptor engine, 4bbl carb, etc. God, I loved
that car.

Do you agree with giving 700 Billion a
year to our Arab enemies to move our vehicles.

Rest easy. We don't. We get about 15% of our imported oil from the Arab
lands. Most imported oil comes from our Canadian enemies (25%) and a goodly
bit from our Mexican enemies (13%). We also get a surprising amount from our
Nigerian enemies (10%).

Hybrid is one good
alternative, but until the Gov subsides them they are high priced. 700
Billion we could have bought everyone in the world an Iphone, or paid
for insurance, fix our infrastructure, or pay for enough solar to make
a big difference here.

No matter what is done, solar can never make even a tiny difference, let
alone a big one.

Had we spent the $700 billion as you suggest, we could talk to everyone on
the planet as we pedaled our bikes. That would be nice.